This 3-day workshop focused on Understanding Advocacy Actions planning and adopting a Human Rights-Based Approach.
This training dealt with analysis that should be carried out before and during project planning implementation.
These include, but are not limited to the following.
• What facilities are on the ground?
• Problem analysis:
• Is it really a problem?
• Do the right-holders perceive it as such?
• Why does the problem persist?
• Core players analysis:
• Who are the right-holders?
• How do we engage them?
• What method of communication do they appreciate?
• What are our strengths?
• In what areas are we lacking?
• What opportunities do we have to succeed?
• Who can partner with us in our area of weakness?
This capacity-building workshop helped us to adjust the way we viewed the people we are helping. We now adopt a human rights-based approach to advocacy.